Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Drake

This may not be a big deal to some people, but it's pretty huge to me. I'm even feeling a little elite today. ;) Why...because I totally met Drake last night! You know that feeling you get when you meet a celebrity that you think is so cool? That is the feeling I had!

Here's the story....

My sister's boyfriend, Andy and I were at the airport picking up my daughter and sister from a trip. We were sitting on a luggage cart by the baggage claim (tired and soaked from rain)...waiting on the delayed flight. Andy is like, "Dude, that was Drake that just walked by." Of course I was like, No way!" We walk outside after him and sure enough it was Drake! I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone and lingered for a minute before mustering the courage to say hello. Then I did it. I walked right up and told him that I loved his music. As a matter of fact, I was listening to it on the way to the airport. He totally shook my hand! :)

It was just so super cool to meet an artist that I love. I wish I had a photo of me and Drake, but that was a no-go since I didn't bother to wear make-up to the airport...and I was tired and soaked from rain. Still an awesome experience! Courtney + Drake = BFF's!

On a cute side note, I told Hayley about my celebrity encounter when her flight arrived. She was disappointed that she missed him, but says, "Which hand did he shake? Give me a high five with it." I did and asked why....she says, "because I want a little Drake on my hand." How cute is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment