Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for good friends and delicious food. My friend-since-6th grade, Caroline came to visit last Saturday night. We made a trip to Whole Foods to pick up some vegetables and a bottle of wine and headed home to cook dinner. I have to be honest...Caroline did most of the cooking while I focused most of my attention on the wine. We ended up with a pretty amazing dish...pasta with broccoli, squash, zucchini, lettuce, beets, scallions, sweet potatoes, green beans, asparagus, and scallions....so good.

(Caroline preparing dinner)

We sat on the porch, listened to reggae music, ate a healthy meal, sipped red wine, and laughed. I believe that good friends, wholesome food, and savory wines are good for the soul.

Just look at how yum!




Thank you Caroline, for being a great friend... and cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment