Tuesday, February 2, 2010

28

I experienced a sort of spiritual shift last Thursday....on my 28th birthday. It was the startling discovery that I am an adult. This should not be an astounding revelation for me. I have a child; a small being that is completely dependent on me. I have a job, an apartment, and bills that I am solely responsible for. Still, something feels different. It is the realization that it is time to attain my hopes and dreams, rather than view them as future intentions. There are many goals that I have planned to obtain at some point in the future. I am suddenly struck by the inevitable certainty that time is flying by and aspirations must become achievements. I am truly amazed at how quickly 28 years have passed. I have compiled myself a list of goals to complete this year. I am going put unconditional effort into accomplishing them.

  • I will take a knitting class.
  • I will spend time volunteering for causes that are important to me.
  • I will travel.
  • I will spend more time with the people I love.
  • I will pay off as much debt as possible.

I can't wait to start my tiny 2010 bucket list! Many details to come!






1 comment: