Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Mouths of Babes

The other day, I was sitting on my couch reading a book. Hayley was on the computer, most likely Facebooking. She turned around and asked, "Mom, do you think Mrs. Bassett is in her 20's?"

(Mrs. Bassett is her 3rd grade teacher and she is in her 20's.)

I responded that Mrs. Bassett is indeed in her 20's. Hayley turned to look at me again and said, "No offense Mom, but you look like you are in your 30's."

(I turned 28 less than a month ago. Thanks Hayley).

2 comments:

  1. i'm sure hayley said this because she was so impressed with her mother's intellectual wisdom... and thought there was no way her mom could have learned all the wise ways of the world in less than 30 years. i'm sure that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think about it, Hayley's height makes her look 2 years older than she is. Perhaps this has skewed her ability to judge ages of adults.

    The woman who colors my hair asked me how old I thought she was, I asked her to please not ask me that because I'd be way, way off. I do not judge age well at all. She forced me, so I guessed she was 42. Nope, she said she's 31. I warned her!

    ReplyDelete