Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Broken Hearts & Best Friends

I am really excited about starting my new blog this 2010! The year honestly did not start out as well as I had hoped. I was seeing this guy for a little over a month and I broke things off on New Years Day. It seemed that we were going in different directions, so I decided that it was best for both of us to move on. Thanks to my bestie Shelly and the pitcher of margaritas that we shared, life on New Years Day was alright and my troubles were mostly forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I liked him. I apparently did not realize just how much I liked him because the next day it hit me. I spent the day in my bed sobbing and over-analyzing everything that went wrong. The rest of the weekend involved a bottle of red wine, way too much pumpkin pie, and a number of hot baths. I am doing much better now and currently resisting the urge to make the dreaded phone call to tell him hello. This is a good thing because my marvelous friend/co-worker, Julia would be really mad if I did. Right now I am hopeful that all of this will work out just as it should. Cheers to putting on big girl panties and being strong. And cheers to great friends who share margaritas when you need help doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Resist the urge! If you need another friend to help ply you with margaritas and/or red wine, I have no problem helping the cause.

    ReplyDelete