Thursday, January 14, 2010

You might be a wino........

When I picked my nine year old daughter up from school yesterday, she eagerly handed me a piece of artwork made special for me. (See below.) The drawing included two glasses of red wine and read, "For you. Time to drink". I accepted the sketch with a a slight feeling of panic wondering if her  teacher had witnessed the incriminating piece of paper. I love wine. As a matter of fact, I love almost every type of wine that I have ever tasted and I usually enjoy a  glass or two on the weekends. But that is about it. I rarely even drink it during the week, but I suddenly felt a concern that the entire community could presume me an alcoholic. I did not want to make a big deal about this to my daughter, but suggested cheerfully that we only draw pictures of wine at home. I definitely received a laugh from her thoughtfulness and now I'm just hoping that I don't receive a phone call requesting a parent-teacher conference.


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! that's hilarious--the things kids pick up on!!

    tiny twig

    ReplyDelete