Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Out with the old. In with the new.

I decided to fire Dustin a.k.a. New Years Break-up from my life. He is officially deleted from Facebook, which means no more cyber-stalking. I have developed a fresh attitude towards the loss. Instead of feeling gloomy and glum, I feel eager and enthusiastic. I am proud of myself for making a positive decision to let go of something that was unhealthy, even though I did like it a little. I have made a choice to focus on greater things in my life and I will be much more careful to recognize and eliminate negative matters going forward. This may prove to be a full-time job for me. Nevertheless, I am letting go of the old and embracing the new and I believe amazing things are coming. I actually have a date this Friday, which I am super excited about. His name is Matthew and we met on the dating site. He is in chiropractic school, which is a huge plus! Our emails and conversations have gone extremely well, and he seems sweet, smart, and genuine. I am certainly hoping for the best. Do you think it would be terrible if I asked him to adjust me on our first date? Kidding. That would be entirely awkward. I am going to spend the rest of the week on promising subjects, including anticipating my date. Wish me luck with Mr. Chiropractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment